Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Princess Periwinkle

Isn't she just the cutest little hamster ever? She was taking seeds from my hand today. She loves sunflower seeds, but I'm not giving her many because I don't want her to become diabetic. She gets a TINY bit of seed mix (not even the size of your normal spoons you eat with) and mostly ProLab blocks. I opened the cage today and she was so eager to come out and say hi, I had to shoe her back in real quick before she escaped. I also tried giving her a sandbath, just to see what she would do with it. She didn't roll around in it, she just wanted to dig in it. She was making a mess, so I took it out and put her back in her cage. I saw her climbing up the sides of her cage today, all the way to the top! My little monkey! I can't wait until I can give her more space. I think she'd really enjoy having lots of room to dig underground tunnels. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More