Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Princess Periwinkle


It might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but it looks like Periwinkle's fur is getting lighter. It's probably due to the fact that the area we keep her in stays pretty dark for the most part. In the wild Winter Whites they change color when they can sense the weather changing and the shortening of the days, and so they can hide easier in the snow. I've always wanted a Winter White because of that reason. The lady I got her from said hers have still changed color in captivity, so here's to hoping I can trick Periwinkle! We just had her out for a little bit. Jim was able to just scoop her up from her cage and place her into the bin. He has a far easier time picking her up than I do. I wonder what I am doing wrong. I tried giving her some sand this time in a bowl. She started squeaking a bunch, so I let her go back into her cage for a little bit. We will try again later. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More